Village of Rosholt

Election Notice

Next Regular Election not until 2018

 Wisconsin Election Laws

Our Elections Commission is a wonderful resource for voting information.
For detailed information, please visit their webiste:

Elections Commission Webiste

or call 1-866-VOTE-WIS (1-866-868-3947) OR 
  the Elections Commission HELP DESK at 608-261-2028.

There are several ways to register to vote, but the most common are:
•    At the Clerk's Office until the Friday before an Election OR
•    On Election day at the polls.

PROOF OR RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED by providing a document that contains your first and last name and your current address showing you live in the Village of Rosholt (not a PO BOX).
** You must reside at your voting address for 10 consecutive days prior to an Election to be eligible to vote in the Village of Rosholt. If you haven't met this 10 day requirement, you must vote in the municipality you just moved from.
** This requirement also applies if your name has changed OR if you have moved to a different address within the Village of Rosholt.

Common Forms of Proof of Residence (contact your Village clerk for a more extensive list):
•    Wisconsin driver license
•    Wisconsin identification card.
•    License issued by a Wisconsin governmental body. (ie: hunting or fishing license)
•    Vehicle Registration Certificate
•    Real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
•    Utility bill such as sewer, cable television, gas, electric, or telephone for the period within 90 before an Election day.
•    Bank statement.
•    Current paycheck.

Absentee Voting:  
Any qualified elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on Election Day may request to vote an absentee ballot. A qualified elector is any U.S. citizen, who will be 18 years of age or older on Election Day, who has resided in the ward or municipality where her or she wishes to vote for at least 10 consecutive days before the election. The elector must also be registered in order to receive an absentee ballot. Proof of identification must be provided before an absentee ballot may be issued.

You must make a request for an absentee ballot in writing.
Contact your municipal clerk and request that an application for an absentee ballot be sent to you for the election. You may also submit a written request in the form of a letter. Your written request must list your voting address within the municipality where you wish to vote, the address where the absentee ballot should be sent, if different, and your signature. You may make application for an absentee ballot by mail, email or in person.

Making applictaion to receive an absentee ballot by mail:
The deadline for making application to receive an absentee ballot by mail is: 5:00 p.m. on the 5th day before an election.

Note: Special absentee voting application provisions apply to electors who are indefinitely confined to home or a care facility, in the military, hospitalized, or serving as a sequestered juror. If this applies to you, contact the municipal clerk regarding deadlines for requesting and submitting an absentee ballot.

Voting an absentee ballot in person:
You may also request and vote an absentee ballot in the clerk's office during the days specified for casting an absentee ballot in person.

Clerk-Treasurer/Theresa Hartvig: 715-677-4510
101 S. Main Street, Rosholt
Call for availability

The first day to vote an absentee ballot in the clerk's office was:
The last day to vote an absentee ballot in the clerk's office is:

**The municipal clerk will deliver voted ballots returned on or before Election Day to the proper polling place before the polls close on -------. Any ballots received after the polls close will not be counted.**



Home Page